Monday, July 20, 2009

Hearing-impaired football fan sues Ohio State

A hearing-impaired Ohio State University football fan has sued the school, arguing that the university should offer captioning on the scoreboard and stadium televisions because he can't hear the announcers.

"When I go to a game, I'm never able to follow the game," said Vincent Sabino, 32, of Hilliard. "It takes away from being a fan. It's a game experience thing."

Do you think OSU should have to add captioning to their in-stadium broadcast?

My feeling is no. An OSU football game is not a public event. It is only for the people who purchase a ticket. If your experience is not what you think it should be then don't buy a ticket. If I think big crowds take away from my ability to enjoy the game should I be able to sue to have attendance limited? Of course not.

what do you think? Read the article at hearing.

No comments: